News just in. The good fellows over at Esquire tested over 50 different undershirts and outlined their top 10 favorite undershirts in Kurt Soller’s, Who Makes the Best Undershirt? An Investigation article.
Who Makes the Best Undershirts? Esquire’s Top 10
- The Best Undershirt: Alternative Apparel Perfect V-Neck. I have heard great things about these, but they do come at a hefty $36 price point.
- The Best Value: Fruit of the Loom Premium V-Neck. Didn’t we just talk about FotL’s new premium undershirt program at Old Navy and JCPenney? Yup! Congrats to my friends over at Fruit!
- The Best for Shorter Men: Vince Favorite T-Shirt. Ah, finally a good recommendation for short undershirts. I also hear from another reader that ASOS, a company out of the UK, has some pretty great shorter undershirts.
- The Best for Taller Men: Tommy Hilfiger Classic V-Neck. Ok, let’s add this one to the list I’ve been keeping on Long Undershirts for Tall Men.
- The Best for Thinner Men: Ralph Lauren Classic V-Neck ($38 for 3). Adding to this list of where you can buy Slim-Cut Undershirts.
- The Best for Bigger Men: 2(x)ist Essential Jersey V-Neck ($32.50 for 3). Very interesting. Alternatively you can check out the list of Big & Tall suppliers here.
- The Best Non-Cotton Option: Ribbed Tee Retrofit V-Neck ($27.90 for 2). Super lightweight and breathable 50/50 Cotton/Poly blend.
- The Best for Summer: Sunspel V-Neck T-Shirt ($56 for 1). Definitely been wanting to try out Sunspel undershirts for a long time.
- The Best Surprise: Mario Lopez’s Rated M Atelier V-Neck ($29.50). I broke the news of this line back in December. Good to hear this Modal/Cotton undershirt get’s props from Esquire.
- The Best Packaging: Bread & Boxers V-Neck ($28). Ok, I like the packaging too.
One other category was mentioned — it was The Biggest Letdown: Hanes Classic V-Neck ($20 for 3).
I am a bit sad about this because I do like the Hanes 50/50 Cotton/Poly blend undershirts. They fit and feel really nice and they’re priced pretty reasonably. My only nit with them is that mine started to look worn after my week+ long consecutive wearing and only a couple of washings. I think I’ll be hearing some news from them pretty soon, so stay tuned.
What Undershirt Are You Wearing? What’s YOUR Favorite?
And, what do you think of it! I definitely want to hear from you guys (in the comments below, please)