If you’re a Justin Bieber fan, or even if you’re not, you may have noticed that he seems to sport tank tops quite a bit.
Take for example the Bieber on the cover of Rolling Stone in August 2012:
Or, check out this video of the boy-wonder sporting a white ribbed tank top on Z100’s Jingle Ball 2012 show:
(Video No Longer Available)
Well one reader wrote in recently wondering about what ribbed tank top Justin was wearing in that Z100 Jingle Ball Show:
thank you for this interesting blog. I’m from Germany.
Today i have a question. Please can you tell me the brand of the undershirt of Justin Bieber in Jingle ball 2012…Here is a photo:
This looks so nice… ribbed style, free armpits, slim shirt-markers and long over backside…
Please help me, to tell the brand of this, or maybe brands, they look like this…
Thanks a lot, S
So What Ribbed Tank Top Was Justin Bieber Wearing?
I did a bunch of research, and so far I haven’t been able to find out the exact answer. I compared Justin’s tank to about 30 other tank tops, and the closest product I can find is surprisingly your standard everyday Hanes ComfortSoft white ribbed tank top undershirt.
Some things I noticed:
- The “U” shaped collar is not a perfect “U”, but also not fully square. It’s somewhere in between
- The bottom of the tank top has a finished edge with a hem, meaning it’s been folded and sewn. This rules tank tops that don’t have a hem, such as some Fruit of the Loom tanks I have
- The collar and sleeve trim is more narrow
- The sleeve openings are a little larger
- The tank top is pretty darn long, but then again, many ribbed tanks are cut longer
Here are some higher resolution photos so we can take a closer look. Click to Enlarge.
Will We Ever Know Which Tank Top Justin Beiber Is Really Wearing?
Well, that’s why I’m writing this article, to see if anyone else has any ideas.
Hell, I even sent a Tweet to Bieber to ask about it, and who knows — maybe he’ll Tweet me back. Stay tuned.