Under+Scrub performance undershirts are being marketed to the medical community as a garment to wear as a base-layer.
The product line is designed with a silver-based polyester moisture wicking fabric, designed to dramatically decrease bacteria and fungi on clothing in a matter of minutes.
A Note from the Makers of Under+Scrub
Here’s a note I received from Silver Lining Textiles, the makers of Under+Scrub undershirts:
We developed a base layer to be worn specifically under a scrub uniform.
It has become popular among healthcare providers giving them a better choice beside a cotton t shirt.
The difference is performance.
Our exclusive medical fibeRx yarn gives an UNDER+SCRUB stretch, moisture wicking, thermal regulating and quick drying properties.
Most important, fibeRx gives an UNDER+SCRUB potent antimicrobial property to resist bacteria and guard against the degradation from microorganisms.
Silver Lining Textiles LLC was founded with the sole purpose of developing high quality, technical clothing and fabrics.
We use modern advanced technologies in an effort to reduce infection transmission both in the healthcare environment and in the community.
Using scientifically proven silver ion antimicrobial technology, we have created clothing that safely reduces both bacterial and fungal pathogens that are frequently encountered in the medical workplace.
These same bacteria and fungi are responsible for the majority of preventable hospital acquired infections.
Our Under+Scrub is proven safe as we use no chemical finishes in the construction of the garment.
Our technical fabrics exceed all high performance standards solely from our yarn characteristics, rather than chemicals applied to the fabrics. The characteristics are permanent and will not wash out into the environment.
- Brand: Under+Scrub
- Site: underscrub.com
- Styles: Crew Neck, Short & Long Sleeve for Men & Women
- Price: $24.99 (short sleeve), $29.00 (long sleeve).
- Shipping: $0.99
- Colors: Men – Black, Tech White, Light Grey, Ceil Blue. Women: Same as men, plus Pink
- Fabric: Polyester, 4-way stretch jersey knit fabric. Dual layer knitting gives our products an extremely soft and comfortable feel against your skin
- Permanently guards against the degradation from micro-organisms
- Superior moisture wicking, breathable and quick drying properties. This enhances the natural cooling system in your body, keeping you dry and comfortable
- Activated carbon in its fabrication allows Under+Scrub to offer extreme UV protection from both UVA and UVB rays
- Fabric proven to reduce MRSA bacteria by 95% within 10 minutes of contact. Eliminates 99.9% of the MRSA within 30 minutes and this effect is maintained after 24 hours
- Technology is permanent for the lifetime of the garment, withstanding multiple washing & drying cycles
This product does not appear to be available any longer, but there are many other undershirts made to be worn under scrubs.
You can also find some on Google.