Here’s a cool announcement. For those of you who love the feel of cotton, but want the quick drying performance of synthetics (polyester, nylon, etc.), the new Under Armour “Charged Cotton” t-shirt ($24.99) might be the answer.
This 95% cotton/5% spandex blend performance t-shirt is weaved with alternating hydrophobic (water hating) and hydrophilic (water loving) fibers and makes the world’s first performance cotton t-shirt.
Here’s some additional product details from Under Armour’s Charged Cotton T-Shirt product page:
A game-changing cotton T that dries 5 times faster than ordinary cotton. And you can actually see it working. Just look for the striations when you start to sweat. The Charged Cotton™ Shortsleeve T…Mother Nature Made It. We Made it Better.™
- Built for Training.
- Full, loose fit for full range of motion.
- Lightweight, 4-way stretch construction improves mobility and preserves fit.
- Made from pima cotton—our softest, most comfortable fabric yet.
- Signature HeatGear® moisture transport system keeps you cool, dry, and light.
- Dries 5 times faster than ordinary cotton.
- Double stitch shoulder detailing for durability.
- Ribbed collar for stretch and comfort.
- 95% Cotton / 5% Elastane.
3/13/2011 Update – Guess what I got?