Time to update your undergarments? There’s a lot to consider when selecting the best undershirts for men (not t-shirts!). From sweat and odor control to shapewear that’ll fool your mirror, I’ve found an undershirt for your every need.
Why wear an undershirt, anyway? If I haven’t convinced you of the benefits of wearing an undershirt yet, then you’ve got some catching up to do! In short, undershirts help you look your best by keeping you cool, crisp and confident.
Below, I’ve compiled a list of the best men’s undershirts to help rock your wardrobe. I’ve chosen these undershirts because each offers excellent overall value and quality in their respective price class.
IMPORTANT NOTE: I’m EXTREMELY picky about who I recommend on this blog. Be assured that any company on this list is legit and makes an excellent product to boot!
Thompson Tee Sweat Proof Undershirts
Thompson Tee is a highly-rated apparel company specializing in sweat-proof undershirts for men and women. Their undershirts feature patented Hydro-Shield® technology that blocks 100% of underarm sweat, yellow stains and odor. They even come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can wear and wash your shirt several times to decide if it’s right for you.
Price range: $19 – $39
- Men’s Sweat Proof Undershirt, Original Fit (crew neck, v-neck and long sleeve) – 100% premium combed cotton
- Men’s Sweat Proof Undershirt, Slim Fit (crew neck and v-neck) – 95% rayon from bamboo/5% spandex blend
- Men’s Premium Anti Odor Undershirt – SUPIMA® Cotton/MicroModal Blend infused with Odor Shield™ technology.
It took 10 years of research for RibbedTee to craft lightweight and comfortable premium daily-wear apparel and accessories for men. Designed to meet every guy’s needs, every undershirt is made in the USA.
Price range: $24 – $32
- Crew neck, v-neck and deep v-neck short sleeve
- EVO TENCEL – 94/6 TENCEL/Spandex
- Retro Fit – Tri-Blend cotton/rayon/poly & 50/50 cotton/poly
- CoolWear SUPIMA® – 100% ribbed SUPIMA® Cotton
Tommy John makes some of the most comfortable underwear, undershirts, and loungewear for men and women. Fabric, fit, and function are their core offerings.
Price range: $40 – $43
- Crew neck, high v-neck and deep v-neck short sleeve
- 90% non-pilling Micro Modal, 10% Spandex
Corewear promises to make you “look slimmer guaranteed.” Its line of shapewear for men is designed to help you feel more confident, with posture and moisture control built in.
- Coremax crew neck and v-neck undershirts in single, 3-pack and 5-pack options
UNIQLO AIRism and HEATTECH Undershirts
UNIQLO’s simple everyday clothing is designed to be practical and is always evolving. AIRism is a line of super lightweight undershirts, offering a good fit and feel at a good value. HEATTECH undershirts feature insulating, bio-warming, quick-drying, and moisture-wicking technologies for colder climates.
Price range: $15-$30
- AIRism (crew neck and v-neck short sleeve) – 89% Polyester, 11% Spandex
- HEATTECH (crew neck, v-neck and long sleeve) – 38% Rayon, 31% Acrylic, 24% Polyester, 7% Spandex
Neat’s sweat-blocking apparel utilizes a unique patented technology to intelligently route sweat through specially-designed channels while preventing sweat-through. Features fitted construction to stay tucked comfortably under dress shirts.
- Crew neck and v-neck short sleeve
- 95% Premium Cotton and 5% Spandex
Ejis carries a line of sweat proof undershirts and underwear for men and women. They block sweat-though, eliminating visible sweat stains on your shirts and pants.
- Crew neck and v-neck short sleeve
- Micro modal fabric with 5% spandex
More Helpful Undershirt Stuff
Looking to narrow your search for the best undershirts for men even further? Check out these articles for more detailed recommendations:
- Wide and Deep Crew Neck Undershirts
- Tight-Collar and High-Neck Undershirts
- Deep V-Neck Undershirts
- Thin Undershirts That Keep You Cool
- Sweat Proof Undershirts and Shirts
- Moisture-Wicking Undershirts
- Compression Undershirts
- Undershirts for Tall Men
Men’s Undershirt FAQs
I cover some frequently asked questions about men’s undershirts in these blogs below:
- How to Wear Undershirts in the Summer
- Should You Wear an Undershirt Under Your T-Shirt?
- Why You Should Wear an Undershirt Under Your Dress Shirt
- Best Undershirt to Wear Under a White Dress Shirt
- Should You Crew Neck Show Under Your Sweater?
- How to Prevent Undershirts From Sticking to Shirts
- Undershirt Sleeves Too Long?
This post contains affiliate links, meaning I may receive a commission if you purchase from these links. It won’t affect your price, but I’ll probably earn a few bucks to support this page, so thanks!