Back a couple months ago, I came across the Powerbody shaping t-shirt by way of Freshpair.com and the product had promise of being a new, low-cost men’s slimming undershirt alternative.
After a quick information exchange, the kind folks Freshpair offered to send over a sample so I could give the new Delta Galil Industries men’s shaping product a test-drive.
Originally, I wasn’t blown away by the product and my first reaction was that I’d be giving the Powerbody t-shirt a not-so-good review.
However, since I’ve had the undershirt for some time, I’ve been able to wear it pretty often and now have a fairly good idea of pros and cons of this shaping undershirt.
Power Body Sculpt Shaping – Details
The below information was outlined in my initial post about Powerbody, so I won’t rehash it here.
Quickly though, the product comes as follows:
- crew neck ($25)
- tank top ($22)
- made from a 90/10 cotton/spandex blend
- available for purchase on Freshpair.com and at JCPenney.com (for $19.99).
- 90/10 fabric blend feels nice on the skin
- Doesn’t run warm and very breathable fabric. I’ve worn the Powerbody throughout the day, on 6-8 different occasions where some days were pretty warm and I never felt too warm. Generally speaking, I’ve felt very comfortable wearing this undershirt all day long
- Moderate chest flattening. Enough to mask those with a little extra up top or slightly puffy nipples
- Adequate midsection smoothing. I would categorize this as a light-compression undershirt so don’t expect this guy to shave inches off your belly or love handles, but it will offer a little shaping and keep you mindful of holding in your stomach
The Not So Good
- As shown in the photo below, there was a pretty big and obvious stitching defect in the collar. Really left me with a pretty bad first impression
- Will not reduce your love handles. It may offer a little smoothing, but the shirt doesn’t have enough compression to reduce them*
- Does not improve your posture at all*
- Absolutely will not turn your beer belly into a six-pack*
- Won’t really slim your waistline*
- *These are all part of the marketing claims I found on the website/Product pages
Even though the Powerbody Sculpt Shaping T-Shirt doesn’t perform as well as other higher-compression slimming undershirts, there is some value in having one or more of these undershirts in your undershirt arsenal considering the price.
At $20, this shaping undershirt will offer many benefits over other similarly priced undershirts that offer no shaping at all.
If you’re looking for high-compression, love-handle crunching, waist slimming, chest chiseling performance, this is NOT the undershirt to buy.
But, if you’re in the market for a comfortable, reasonably priced undershirt that offers a little flattening and shaping, I think you’ll be reasonably happy with the Powerbody Shaping Undershirt.