Gotta love it when guys are helping other guys with undershirt selection.
Just ran across this post on the MFA section of Reddit.com, where a bunch of guys are chewing the cloth about undershirts. Here’s the original question posed by one member:
During my recent fashion transition I switched from baggy ill-fitting undershirts, to slim ones that don’t puff out. I had found these [Target’s Evolve Shapewear Shirts], I don’t really need compression, but I like the tight fit. Sadly, they are discontinued, so I tried Alfani Stretch but they are still baggy, I could perhaps size down, but I fear that will cause them to rise up.
MFA, what are your suggestions? What undershirts do you wear?
Undershirts Recommended by other Reddit.com members
- Hanes Deep V-Neck undershirts
- Uniqlo Airism (Is Uniqlo’s online store coming 10/15/12??)
- Muji (Check out their “Innerwear” category on their online store)
- 2(x)ist – also makes Evolve-brand products at Target. Deep V.
- Structure solid Crewneck T-shirt from Sears (97% cotton, 3% spandex)
- Couple guys debated about the difference between undershirts and t-shirt
- Some folks recommending wearing heather grey undershirts under light-colored shirts, in place of the traditional white because grey doesn’t show through as much
- Under Armour v-neck
- Good observation from one member, who likes Hanes A-Shirts (ribbed tank tops) because: “They are ribbed and they “grab” my dress shirt and hold the tuck a little better. 2) They are skin-tight and do not bunch around my midsection.”
- Alfani white v-necks (non-stretch)
- Kirkland-brand from Costco
- Cotton/Spandex Stretch Tees/Undershirts from Express (crew, v-neck, deep v-neck). Lot’s of colors too.
- RibbedTee Classic Fit Heather Grey undershirts
- Alternative Apparel Perfect V-Neck (but it looks like they are not available anymore?)
- Kohl’s Apt. 9 stretch t-shirts
- Polo Ralph Lauren v-necks
- Tommy John undershirts
- Polo or Tommy Hilfiger v-necks at Marshalls/TJ Maxx
Do You Have Any Other Undershirt Suggestions?
If so, put them in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you on what undershirts you’ve tried and love.