8/16/2011 Update: As of just before 11am today, it appears the web page for this George-brand Bodysculpt trunk has been removed. I sent asda a message via Twitter asking about it and this is how they responded:
@undershirtguy I’m afraid they sold out pretty quickly. Back in stock soon.
— Original Article —
I wrote about another Asda shapewear product back at the end of last year, when I ran across an article saying that the George-brand Shape Enhancer T-Shirt (£8.00, $13.02) beat out the leading brand slimming undershirts by UK Consumer Review site Which?. Now Asda has just launched an equally affordable line of body shaping trunks.
- Brand: George
- Product: Bodysculpt Trunks (Product Code: 3590514)
- Price: £10.00, $16.28 USD
- Fabric: 85% Polyamide (Nylon), 15% Elastane
- Colors: White, Black (Available September 5th)
- Sizes: M-L, L-XL
- Description: George Bodysculpt high waisted shape enhacer trunks, made of compression fabric for overall body shape improvement these trunks also feature ventilated panels for cooling and panels for improved waist line and stomach shape
I did a little checking online, and here is some feedback from others about these new bodysculpting trunks from Asda:
So off I toddle to the toilet to try it on. Now, there’s a problem with men’s pants that I’d like to tactfully address. It’s all to do with male psychology and the nether regions. Men do not like to think they wear small pants. So the tiniest of briefs tend to be branded “unfeasibly large pants for the obscenely endowed”. Therefore this medium-to-large corset is actually so tiny and so tight that it’s cutting off my circulation. Every time I type a sentence I have to stop for deep breaths. And now I’m sweating. And feeling obese (which I didn’t before), because all my fat is elegantly rolled up and bunched under my nipples. The corset claims to have ventilated panels for cooling, but I am yet to find them. I’m beginning to feel like a cross between Bridget Jones and Simon Cowell. Without the money.