A short while ago, RibbedTee announced the release of the EVO TENCEL Deep V-Neck Undershirt.
Well long time reader, and occasional guest writer Chris H. got a hold of one of the new EVO Undershirts, and was kind enough to share his thoughts about it.
As a quick recap, here are the specs of the EVO Deep V-Neck Undershirt
- Website (link)
- Price: $32
- Fabric: 94% TENCEL / 6% Spandex
- Weight: 130gsm
- Features: Raglan sleeve, slightly longer back tail for tucking. Softer, more absorbent & more eco-friendly than MicroModal
EVO Undershirt Photo
EVO Undershirt Review
First thing I did was to feel the material in my hand, and it was as smooth of fabric as I have seen in an undershirt.
- The material felt as good on as it does in my hand
- The length is very good and plenty long enough for tucking in and it seemed to me to stay tucked in very well also
- The v-neck cut is deep enough that does not show with one button undone
- The weight of this material is super light and airy, in other words the wicking was very good for sure as I did not notice any sweat buildup underneath the shirt
- The raglan sleeve made for a smooth transition down and around my shoulder with the length stopping just above the bicep area
- I also washed this a couple of times already (in cold water) and I just hang dry. No shrinkage yet
- It dries super quick too
- I wore this under a light weight white dress shirt and passed the test with with flying colors
The Not So Good
The cons if you could call them that:
- The fit of this shirt is very fitted and close in on the body. I noticed a slight compression going on, but since I got the large, I think I would have been better off going with the XL size for sure
- The fit on me was also tight around the arms and a little to tight for my liking. Note though that their description is fitted in all sizes so this is probably the reason. I think on me the XL would be more my style in this design
- Another thing when I put this undershirt on, I could immediately see my skin through it including the man nipples, as my wife noticed this right off. This shirt is meant truly as an undershirt only and no wearing on its own
I like this undershirt very much indeed and I think depending on what one likes in an undershirt, the size up one size would be a personal preference in my book.
All in all, I think I will like this TENCEL offering from Ribbed Tee and think others will too.
The EVO also got a little love from MTSU college football linebacker, Leighton Gasque. From Facebook: