I’m killing a couple minutes before I go hit the gym and stress test my Sutran sweat-through resistant undershirt for the 20th time, and got a little inspiration to share my initial thoughts of JCPenney’s BVD 95% cotton / 5% spandex “Cotton Stretch” undershirt.
For this one, I’m not going to go into any gory detail, so I’m gonna keep it simple with some info, the good, and the not-so-good.
- Style/Nane: BVD Cotton Stretch
- Fabric: 95% Cotton, 5% Spandex
- Size/Collar: Medium, V-Neck
- Product Details: BVD has engineered an ideal blend of soft cotton and multi-stretch spandex to maximize your comfort and support. BVD Cotton Stretch moves with you and maintains shape, providing a consistent, comfortable fit for your active lifestyle
- Fits the torso and waist really nice. Snug, but comfortable because of the spandex stretch.
- Offers a wee amount of compression/shaping. Flattens out the chest a bit and makes you want to hold in your stomach
- Not constricting. Moves with me pretty nicely
- Great overall length. Definitely an undershirt that will stay tucked
- The Price: 2-pack on sale for $9.99 (normally $18 for the 2-pack). $10.96 out the door with tax for 2 undershirt is a pretty damn good deal
- Fabric a little itchy right out of the package. Probably will soften up some after a couple washes
- Sleeves are too long at 7.5″. I’d like to see them about 1″ shorter
- Sleeve openings are too wide (or my biceps are too small). A fitted shirt should have sleeves that fit a little closer. They should shave about an inch off the sleeve opening
- V-Neck isn’t deep enough. Might as well be a crew neck
- The undershirt might wear a little warm. It’s comfortable wearing it inside, but I’d have to wear it all day long out in the heat to be totally certain
- Definitely a good value on sale.
- If they weren’t on sale, I think you could find another 95/5 that offers a bit more at $9 a pop.