Coville has recently released an updated version of their Slix Influencer Undershirt, and sent me a couple to test drive.
A while before I had received my samples, I ask my contact if he could provide me any details on the updated undershirts:
We constructed these with the same fabric as the boxer brief –poly/spandex knit with moisture movement and odor-control.
The fit is snug but not compression. We plan to retail these at $32.
- Online Store: http://www.getyourslixon.com/
- Price: $32
- Sizes: Up to 4x
- Modern fit – not too tight, not too loose
- Shorter and trimmer sleeves prevent bunching and will not peep out from under your modern-cut tees and polos
- Long and tapered tail for a stay-in-place fit
- Flatlock seams for a less bulky and more comfortable fit
About the fabric:
- Wicks sweats away from the body and dries fast
- Antimicrobial protection against odor-causing bacteria
- Breathable fabric prolongs sweating and creates a comfortable environment between the shirt and the body
- 81% Polyester / 19% Spandex
- Colors: Black, White, Grey
- Overall good body fit
- V-Neck has good depth to allow you to keep the undershirt collar hidden with one button undone on your outer shirt
- Sleeves perfect length to stay hidden
- Body/tail length is definitely ample to keep undershirt tucked in
- Lightweight & smooth/slick fabric feels good on the skin
- Aesthetically, I like the look of the flat-lock stitching
- The thinner collar design will likely prevent the collar from loosing shape over time, or at least make that process slower
If I were to nitpick, I’d say:
- The side shoulders are a hair too wide for my shoulders
- I’m not a fan of the sewn-in care label at the bottom of the shirt
- Fit & feel is similar to a base layer synthetic performance undershirt (aka: Under Armour). Compression fit, but not for slimming
- I wore the Influencer several times over the summer during hotter days. While I can’t say I felt any cooler wearing this undershirt versus other similar undershirts, I can say that I did not feel any warmer
- The $32 retail price seems a bit high for a polyester/spandex undershirt, but also not a deal breaker
All-in-all, the new Slix Influencer 2.0 Undershirt is a solid product, that feels good and well constructed.
Personally, I prefer wearing more natural feeling (cottony) daily-wear undershirts, but for those that like wearing performance-type undershirts, this would be a good alternative to consider. That said, I will certainly be keeping this Slix Influencer in my gym clothes drawer so I can wear it as a base layer during my regular workouts.
Category: Undershirt Reviews