One of the members was asking if they could see a real-life example of how a grey undershirt would be less visible than a white undershirt, and since I new I had come across some pictures that demonstrated it, I figured these pictures were worth a thousand words.
Before I get to that, I wanted to point out that “Undershirt Invisibility” comes in two forms:
- Undershirts with deeper and wider collar openings so the undershirt collar is not visible when the top one or two buttons of your outer shirt are undone. Items in this category include deeper v-neck undershirts and scoop neck undershirts (like the jT from Collected Threads *plug*).
- Undershirts made from neutral colors, such as heather grey, grey, tan/nude, or skin-tone, that are less visible through lighter colored outer shirts
We’re talking about #2 in this article. And, more specifically, we’re talking about it in the context of wearing lighter colored dress or outer shirts only. If you wear neutral or darker-colored outer shirts, you don’t have to worry about it really.
Keep in mind that this is also about personal preference. I’m not too terribly worried about the lines of my undershirts showing through somewhat, but then again, I don’t wear light colored long sleeve dress shirts all that often either. I suppose if I were to be forced to dress up (Ugh) and wear light-colored long sleeve dress shirts (double-Ugh), then I would probably care a bunch more. THANKFULLY, I am not forced to do either. Most days I sit comfortably in my short sleeve button up and jeans during the day, and cargo shorts and t-shirts in the comfort of my home in the evening.
Although I have pretty much every color undershirt known to man (a slight exaggeration), I’d likely sport a heather grey undershirt under a light colored shirt if I didn’t want the outlines of my undershirt to show through.
No Show Undershirt Examples
Additional Reference Articles
What Do You Guys Think?
Give me/us your two cents. What do you think about this no-show undershirt topic?
Sites That Link to this Post
- NVSBL Undershirts (Australia) | Undershirt Guy Blog | January 19, 2016
- Heather Grey V-Neck Undershirts | Undershirt Guy Blog | June 28, 2015
- Forearm Length Undershirts? Undershirt Sleeves That Reach Your Elbow | Undershirt Guy Blog | June 21, 2015