I just learned that Wickers.com has closed up shop.
Here’s the email exchange I had with a reader that helped me learn about their closing, and encouraged me to explore other Made in USA Men’s underwear brands.
Seems that the wickers brand has closed up shop.
I found them while searching for a good quality made in the USA undergarment, as the Hanes products were wearing out in 6 months or less.
Now I have been using Wicker’s for several years now….recently decided to migrate from briefs to boxers, wickers website first said down for maintenance while they rework their product line.
More recently it just says that they are closed up for good.
I was very happy with the Wickers product and they were made in the USA.
I found your website while searching more about them to possibly find out what happened and what my alternates are. (other than buying and replacing hanes brand every 6 to 9 months.)
Made in USA Men’s Underwear
good to hear from you buddy! thanks for stopping by and sending in your question.
i had not heard about wickers closing shop, but after receiving your email i did a little outreach to see if i could get any info on it.
come to find out, the reason wickers closed is pretty much because the founder decided to retire and didn’t want to have the effort of maintaining the brand.
all of the gear they had has been cleared out to partners, so you still may be able to find some remaining on sites like sierra trading post (link).
if you’re looking specifically at companies who make their underwear in the states, here’s a list of 20 made in usa men’s underwear brands:
- flint & tinder – their stuff is now sold at huckberry.com
- campbellsville apparel company – briefs – sold at www.camapp.com
- ribbedtee – boxer briefs, new stuff coming – sold at ribbedtee.com
- american apparel – various – sold at americanapparel.com
- kings underwear – various – sold at kingsunderwear.com
- union house – various – sold at unionlabel.com
- hard hat – various – sold at unionlabel.com
- carhatt – boxer & boxer brief – sold at carhatt.com
- bgreen apparel – various – sold at bgreenapparel.com
- ramblers way – boxers – sold at ramblersway.com
- blade and blue – slim cut boxers – sold at bladeandblue.com
- special delivery nyc – various – sold at shop.specialdeliverynyc.com
- rei underwear – various – sold at rei.com (and in stores)
- mr and muse – boxer briefs – sold at mrandmuse.com
- boxercraft – boxers – sold at boxercraft.com
- jp mucklestone – boxer briefs – sold at jpmucklestone.com
— more risque made in usa mens underwear brands
- gosoftwear – exotic mens underwear – sold at gosoftwear.com
- n2n – exotic mens underwear – sold at www.n2nbodywear.com
- male power – exotic underwear – malepower.com
- ruff skin – exotic mens underwear – rufskin.com
- freedom reigns – various – sold at freedom-reigns.com
* Check out my Made in USA Undershirts & T-Shirts article that has additional brands.
i can’t really say whether or not any of the above brands will offer something similar to what you purchased at wickers.com, but you can poke around their sites to see if something looks interesting.
my current faves are not made in the usa, but i’m in the process of trying some that are, so i’ll know soon how they fit & feel.
in the meantime, you may want to check out this link, which will pull up other articles on my site related to men’s underwear.
there’s some good stuff there too (:
hope the above info helps out!!
Category: Ask Tug